Our 4WD Bushcamper vehicles are designed to accommodate up to two people in complete comfort. Experience the land that still refuses to be tamed. Together, you and Captain Billy 4WD Hire in your Toyota Hilux Bushcamper take on the terrain of Cape York and win, in the most memorable way possible.
Hey, life’s an adventure. Cape York.
If you are travelling in a Captain Billy 4WD please read the information at the link below for recommended travel routes, roads that require permission from Captain Billy 4WD Hire prior to travelling and roads that are strictly prohibited.
1 May -
1 Jul -
1 Nov -
15 Dec -
15 Jan -
- Internal Height: 1.9m
- External Height: 2.4m
- Width: 2.0m
- Length: 5.3m
- Fuel: Diesel
- Fuel Consumption: 12 Litres per 100km approx.
- Engine Specifications: 116 Litre Diesel
- Transmission: Manual
- Power Equipment: Power Steering
- Air-Conditioned: Air Conditioning
- Sleeping Configuration: Double Bed 2.00 x 1.90m
- Gas Cooker: 2 Burner Gas Stove
- Gas Bottle: 2 x 1.25kg Gas Bottles
- Fresh Water Tank: Fresh Water Tank 40 Litres (+2 cans)
- Heating: No heating in Main Cabin
- Fridge Freezer: 32 Litre Fridge. No Freezer.
- Shower/Toilet: Portable Shower
- Free unlimited kilometers and GST (10%) included.
- Multiple windscreen and tyre cover is included in the Excess Reduction Option
- No charge for extra drivers.
- Free starter pack including regional and activities guide.
- Comprehensive road atlas supplied on loan.
- Statewide RACQ road side service.
- One-way rentals available.
- Major credit cards accepted.
- All charges are calculated on a daily basis, not a twenty-four hour day.
- For all rental vehicles there is a minimum period of 7 days.
- Standard compressive cover is included in the daily rental rate; a standard excess of $5000.00 applies. Hirers may exercise the option for reducing their liability (refer excess reduction options below)
- We do not deduct the bond from your credit card or bank account.
- Rates and conditions may be subject to change without prior notice.
- Special discounted rates apply for rentals for more than 50 days. Details are available upon application.
- Multiple consecutive campervan rentals with Tasmania Campers and Tui Campers New Zealand can be combined to earn generous long-term rental discounts
- Vehicles are restricted to Queensland.
- Pick up/drop off is Cairns or Bamaga, fees apply.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge of 2% for Visa or MasterCard.