In this overcrowded, over regulated noisy world, it’s nice to know there is a place where the pace of life is still unhurried and relaxed. Cape York Peninsula is the place and we intent keeping it that way - especially for you. ESCAPE - with the Bush Ranger Roof Top Tent Wagon into the most spectacular last frontier of Australia. 'Cape York' it's definitely a region of diverse attractions. Aboriginal rock art, tropical rainforests, Heathlands, beaches, wild life, reef and wild rivers. Then there are the striking sandstones. With an area of 115,000 square kilometres and relatively few inhabitants, the region remains incredibly remote waiting for you!
Bush Ranger Roof Top Tent can also be used to tow our Cape York Kamper trailer to the Cape. Your 4WD Bushranger provides comfortable access to endless new opportunities in Cape York Peninsula, scenic touring, fishing, hiking, Aboriginal rock art, National Parks and the many creek crossings along the old Telegraph Track are part of the adventure of any Cape York trip. Plus With high & low ratio 4WD, factory fitted snorkel, manual transmission, Bull Bar and Winch 9500xp, 5 Watt 40 Channel UHF Radio, Roof rack, Dual batteries, Old Man Emu Off road suspension and tyres this is a great vehicle for getting off-road and exploring the back-tracks of Cape York.
Bush Ranger Roof Top Tent includes a tent on the roof for camping with a view! an additional two person plus solar shower, portable gas stove, awning, camping table, kitchen kit and chairs all for $429.00 per hire.Your experience can also be enhanced by adding the camp oven pack which includes the camp oven, BBQ plate, grill, camp fire thermonet hot water - all for $49.00 per hire.
Captain Billy's 4WD Hire - Bush Ranger We can also add a chain saw for an additional $129.00. for these camp fires. Relaxing with some delicious refreshments, with the camp oven in full swing can’t be beaten against the background of magnificent sunsets and a clear night sky illuminated by a billion stars. Now, that’s how life should be.
If you don't won’t the drive back, you can leave the washed and cleaned Bush Ranger at Bamaga, a one way drop off fee will apply to the hire. Then your return journey can be by plane or by sea on the M.V Trinity Bay back to Cairns.
Please note: Should you use an unmanaged campsite make sure you: Dig a deep hole for your toiletry needs and cover it when you are finished. Take all your rubbish with you and dispose of it in the next rubbish pit. Ensure your camp fire is extinguished and covered with dirt before you leave. Alcohol restrictions: be aware that alcohol restrictions apply in some of Cape York’s indigenous communities. you want a bit more luxury. Which ever option you chose you can also add the Safari camp oven pack which includes the camp oven, BBQ plate, grill, camp fire thermonet hot water - all for $49.00 per hire.
1 May -
1 Jul -
1 Nov -
15 Dec -
15 Jan -
- Internal Height: 2.8m (with pop-top roof up)
- External Height: 2.5m
- Width: 4.94m
- Length: 4.89m
- Fuel: Diesel
- Fuel Consumption: Average 15- 20 litres per 100km approx.
- Engine Specifications: 4.5L V8 Turbo Diesel
- Transmission: 5 speed manual
- Power Equipment: Power Steering
- Tyres: Off Road Tyres. 42 psi front & 54 psi rear
- Entertainment: Radio / CD Player
- Extras: Front and Rear Diff lockers and snorkel, Bull Bar and 9500xp Winch, 5 Watt 40 Channel UHF Radio, Roof Rack, Long Range Fuel Tanks, Off Road Tyres, Duel Batteries, Old man Emu Off Road Suspension pack.
- Power Supply: 12V battery
- Free unlimited kilometers and GST (10%) included.
- Multiple windscreen and tyre cover is included in the Excess Reduction Option
- No charge for extra drivers.
- Free starter pack including regional and activities guide.
- Comprehensive road atlas supplied on loan.
- Statewide RACQ road side service.
- One-way rentals available.
- Major credit cards accepted.
- All charges are calculated on a daily basis, not a twenty-four hour day.
- For all rental vehicles there is a minimum period of 7 days.
- Standard compressive cover is included in the daily rental rate; a standard excess of $5000.00 applies. Hirers may exercise the option for reducing their liability (refer excess reduction options below)
- We do not deduct the bond from your credit card or bank account.
- Rates and conditions may be subject to change without prior notice.
- Special discounted rates apply for rentals for more than 50 days. Details are available upon application.
- Multiple consecutive campervan rentals with Tasmania Campers and Tui Campers New Zealand can be combined to earn generous long-term rental discounts
- Vehicles are restricted to Queensland.
- Pick up/drop off is Cairns or Bamaga, fees apply.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge of 2% for Visa or MasterCard.